Monday, June 14, 2010

Giving in to the Craze!


I've been following other blogs for quite awhile now, and finally decided that I'll start one, too! We'll see how well it gets updated, but at least its a start! In the past three months our lives have changed dramatically! On March 19, Kara Sue joined our family. She made her appearance dramatic and overwhelming, but safely arrived at 5:16 in the morning. On April 15, we closed on our brand new house that we have been waiting to be built and ready for a year. Finally, it is ours and is starting to become more like home! On April 28, Kara and I were in a car accident. We were both okay, but being a new mom with a baby in the car it was very traumatizing! The car has now been fixed and looks great! On May 14, we took a trip to the doctor for a fever, cough, and congestion that Kara developed. He told us to keep an eye on it and watch for RSV and sent us on our way. On May 15, I took a trip to Urgent Care for what I thought was a bladder infection that I was developing. While I was there, the doctor was sure that it was a bladder infection AND a kidney infection. She gave me a shot of medication and a prescription. On May 16 at 8:00 at night, we headed to the emergency room with my temperature at 103. Once there, they put me on a IV of antibiotic for the kidney infection and then sent me on my way. On May 17, with little sleep, I went back to work! Upon returning to work, I learned that my teaching assignment is moving from 5th grade at Lincoln to 3rd grade at Irving next school year. I finished out my first year on June 7 with a total of 5 girls and 15 boys in my class! I learned a lot and loved every single one of them! June 7th also marked our 2nd year anniversary and we celebrated by dressing up and going to Roux Orleans. Finally, we thought we were ready to slow down a little, and on June 10th Donavan came home from work with food poisoning! Now, we think we've had everything possible happen, so we hope we're in the clear for awhile!

Now for info on Kara! She weighs 12.6 pounds and is 24 inches long. She started sleeping through the night shortly before I went back to work. She takes 8oz of formula every four to five hours four times a day. We have started working on sitting up and play a lot sitting between my legs. We put together her jumper and let her spend a little bit of time in there after each feeding... she LOVES it! We have found a toy that she absolutely loves and will smile every time you bring it near. It is a dragonfly doll that we named, Jessie. She smiles at everything, including kisses from mommy, which makes my day! Right now we are struggling with a bit of constipation, but we hopefully have it taken care of now!


Enjoy this long post, because they all won't be this informative!

1 comment:

  1. Way to give in! I love it!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of your little girl and to keep up with your life!! :) Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete