Sunday, August 29, 2010

5 months and family vacations!

Oh my! Where has the time gone? It has been over a month since my last post! A lot has happened in this month!

(This is going to be mildly boring, but at a later year, I want it for Kara to know all about her first two vacations.)
For starters, we went on vacation to the Wisconsin Dells with my parents and brother. It was both Kara and Donavan's first time to Wisconsin, and Kara's first out of the state! Kara was a champ on the 4 hour drive. We stopped on the way there about an hour out, because she was hungry. On the way home, Donavan just fed her while I drove down the road and we didn't have to stop at all. We went to Noah's Ark and Mount Olympus. We tried eating at Moose Jaw, but Kara wouldn't have that! She was a very good baby the entire trip, except her little (okay, maybe not so little) meltdown at Moose Jaw that made Grandma and Grandpa get the order to go as we quickly headed back to the hotel! At Noah's Ark we tried getting Kara to go in the water, but she didn't want any part of it. This surprised us, because she loves being in the pool! Donavan, my dad, and my brother all were very excited to ride the only upside down water slide in the world. They waited in line for over an hour for the ride, but they enjoyed it! At Mount Olympus, the boys all went on the amusement park rides, while us girls did some shopping at the gift shops and just tried to keep cool. When, they were finished at the amusement park, I joined them for some water rides. It was a hot day, and the heat got to be a bit much for Kara, so we headed back to the hotel where we swam in the pool (since that's the only way she'll get in water!). Then, we did some goofy golfing and then Kara and Grandma headed back to the hotel while the rest of us went back to Mount Olympus to do some Go-Cart riding. There was one track that I barely made clearance for height. It came to my eyes. Pathetic, I know. Then, the next morning we did some shopping at downtown, before we ate at Famous Daves and headed back home.

Then, school started back up. I have 26 third grade students this year. Eleven girls and fifteen boys. I have some very, very sweet little kids and they make me excited for a fun year! I have a few others, who wear me out everyday, and I'm pretty sure I say their name in my sleep, because I say it so much during the day! The, there are a few more that I think God gave me to remind me of myself as a third grader and keep me on my toes! (Lots of tattling, talking, and blurting!) All, totally me! I feel much more relaxed this year, since I've had a year under the belt and don't feel like I'm being watched every move I make. I understand now, how come most teachers like to come early and make sure they leave by 4:30... you miss your kids! I have also come to join this world! One of my teammates is due September 1st with her first and it is a girl. So, it has been exciting to watch her go through these last few weeks and watch the anticipation grow!

After school had gotten started, we took a weekend vacation to Des Moines with Donavan's family. We went to Adventureland and Jordan Creek Mall. Our drive there was a little more eventful, in the fact that I am a horrible passenger since this last accident I've been in. So, I made Donavan slightly anxious and caused him to punch the steering wheel. Oops! I was much better on the way home! :) Then, at Adventureland, Donavan, Lucas, Alexander, and Kimmy went on many rides. I don't do roller coaster rides! But, Donavan thought he had to make me go on a ride, so we went on the Falling Star. BAD IDEA! I think Donavan now understands not to make me go on rides! We also went to the water park there, but it was too crowded! People were literally on top of each other. It was hot, though, so I FORCED Kara to get in the water. I didn't care if she screamed, I wanted her to get cooled off. Then, she took a nap laying on my chest. We weren't there long and then went back to the park. Kara rode her first two rides, she rode the Covered Wagons with dad and thought it was cool that she could see the trees. For some reason this child is fasinated with trees! Then, she went on the semis with both mom and dad and she put her hand on the steering wheel like she was driving it the entire time. She also went fishing, and caught an octopus which won her a fish. We closed the park down at 10 and Kara was a trooper the whole time! Then, we stopped at McDonalds for food and had a small scare that Donavan lost his wallet and then that Lucas did, but we found them both and headed to our hotel. The next morning we went to the mall, and we spoiled Kara a little bit. I still can't believe I spent as much as I did on one outfit for her as a 6 month old, but I don't normally do it, so that make me feel a little better! Then, we came home and Kara fell asleep immediately!

5 month update:
Weight: 15.6 lbs
height: 25.5 inches
Teeth: Working on them, but still none!
Milestones: We regularly roll from belly to back with no problems anymore, however, we are still struggling with back to belly. Kara gives kisses and is no longer afraid of her Grandpa Shane. She also reaches for you when she wants you to pick her up.

Thats all for now! Pictures later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie Sue!
    I totally love to blog hop as well, and read your blog frequently! Thank you so much for the information. The lady's insurance company actually ended up getting us a new car seat, which made me feel great! It was already a scary situation and I am really happy that I don't have to worry if our car seat is safe or not!
    You have a beautiful daughter by the way!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to see a pictures of Kara and Donavan on the Cover Wagons ride!

    ReplyDelete