Monday, July 12, 2010

Kendra's Wedding and a Few Firsts

This weekend we had Kendra's wedding. It was in Remsen, IA, which is up by the Iowa and South Dakota border. So, quite a ride for a 16 week old baby! However, she was quite the champ and only got mad on the way there once and not at all on the way home. We got there Friday afternoon and while we were waiting to go to the rehearsal, Kara decided to share a few firsts with both Mom and Dad there! First, she rolled from her belly to her back. I wanted to make absolute sure that she did do it, so I put her back on her belly and she did it again! Three times in all! I was so proud! Then, to my amazement, her last time of rolling over to her back she looked at me, stuck her tongue out, and gave a raspberry. At first I thought it was an accident and just went on, but then, she kept doing it over and over and if I'd do it to her she would really start to laugh! It was great! We have a video of her and Donavan doing it back and forth, but it's on his phone. So, I'll have to figure out how to get it on the computer. Then, we went to rehearsal and the dinner and she was excellent! That night we got to experience our first night sleeping somewhere other than at home. I was very nervous, especially because we were by train tracks and air conditioners in hotels are SO loud! But, Kara slept like a champ and didn't wake up until I had to leave at 7 the next morning. While I was at my wedding festivities all day, Kara and Donavan got to have a little father/daughter bonding time. They went swimming in the hotel pool, went to Sioux City and did some shopping, hung out at the hotel and made forts,Kara sandwiches, Kara tacos, Kara trampolines, and few other Kara things out of pillows. They had lots of fun and it was good for both of them!



Then, they came to the wedding and reception where Kara was a hit! She sat at the head table for the speeches and danced with Mommy, Daddy, and a few bridesmaids. Everyone was so amazed at how good of a baby she is.








That night, Kara slept like a champ again! Even with the couple fighting in the hallway! Needless to say, Kara slept WAY better than either me or Donavan!



Thank you, Kendra for letting me be a part of your special day! You were a beautiful bride and I wish you the best of luck and many, many years of happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment